Did you know that a recruiter takes an average of seven seconds to read a CV? Presenting an engaging personal profile can encourage more in-depth reading, so follow these simple steps and take a first look:
- Interesting details about yourself and your background
- Unique and relevant qualities
- Keywords of the job description
- Phrases made
- Phrases too long or complex
- Skills not relevant to employment
Without a personal profile of note, your CV is simply a list of skills, professional experiences and qualifications. No context, no personality. Only words on a page that could refer to anyone. Do not be anyone: be yourself.
For more tips like this, take a look at the first publication of the Quick Tips series here.