Our client is a household name in the Property and Casualty reinsurance market. Due to an internal movement, our client is looking to bring on a strong Senior Accountant or Manager who is looking to manage a small team whilst working with the Director of Ceded Reinsurance Accounting and Head of Reinsurance Accounting. This is an ideal role for someone at the Senior Accountant level who is looking to take the next step up in their career.
- Oversee and be responsible for the handling of ceded reinsurance accounting including collaboration and production of ceded premium and loss accounting, reinsurance premium and loss allocation, reinsurance receipt and disbursement processes
- Responsible for the management of timely and accurate production and distribution of Account Statement and Bordereaux
- Strong understanding of insurance/reinsurance accounting activities as it relates to premium, loss, cash allocations and recoveries.
- Reviewing ceded reinsurance contracts to ensure accounting is in line with contract terms, and recording manual journal entries as needed
- Conducting quarterly reporting including period on period analytics, reconciliation of subledger to general ledger and parent company reporting
- Conducting annual schedule F reporting process
- Assisting with transition toward enhanced use of technology to process ceded reinsurance and across the general accounting function
- Working with IT to automate processes and address ceded treaty calculations & system capabilities
- Working with underwriting team on updates to existing and new treaties
Key job requirements:
- Strong Ceded Reinsurance experience
- Minimum of 8 years accounting experience in the property casualty (re)insurance industry or minimum of 5 years in public accounting in which there was an emphasis on auditing (re)insurance companies
- Ability to analyze treaties and derive key accounting metrics
- Proven track record of improving processes as a project manager
- CPA or (re)insurance designation (Are, CPCU) a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent training
If you meet the above job requirments and would like to be considered further, please contact Chris Dodds at email@example.com or apply using the prompts provided.