The Pricing Team is responsible for the production of daily, weekly and monthly fund valuations and prices in an accurate and timely manner as per fund mandate, market conditions and client requirements.
The Data Quality Team is responsible for ensuring the availability of timely, accurate and complete security, benchmark and fund data to support the smooth operation of key business functions. Both areas are crucial to the support of other business functions such as Performance Reporting, Client Reporting, Fund Management and Solvency II reporting. We are seeking to recruit a Team Lead role to liaise across both teams.
If you have experience as a Supervisor or Team Lead and are looking for your next career move this could be in ideal opportunity for you to make your impact. The Pricing and Data Quality teams operate an early working arrangement, so it is likely the successful Team Lead will start work between 7-8.30am depending on business needs. The role will be Dublin based with a hybrid element to it, with some days in the office and some remote (to be worked from within the Republic of Ireland).
Reporting to the Data Quality and Pricing Team Manager, the key responsibilities include:
* Participation in the daily production work of the team including fund pricing, reviews of a broad range of products that hold derivatives and complex arrangements, valuations of ad-hoc portfolios and in-specie transfers, client reporting and price data circulation.
* Review and sign-off on daily fund prices within expected standards of timeliness and accuracy.
* Preparation of valuations for ad-hoc portfolios and in-specie transfers.
* Root cause analysis of errors and near misses and implementation of remedial actions and controls.
* Liaising with fund management, operations teams and external parties as required to resolve valuation issues and queries as they arise.
* Daily monitoring and / or updating of the data feeds, including security prices, benchmarks and currency data.
* Setup and maintenance of all static data (such as securities and funds) set up on systems.
* Monitoring of daily exception reports, capturing and rectifying static data problems.
* Understanding and interrogation of databases to solve current issues and identify potential problems.
* Assistance with the introduction of new products and processes to ensure all requirements are met and that the team is ready for new activity.
* Ensuring that controls are in place to manage the operational risks inherent with the activity carried out in the teams.
* Participating in systems upgrades, implementations and business continuity testing.
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
The ideal applicant will possess the following skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience of the funds industry and securities markets with exposure to valuations and fund pricing and general operations - a 3rd level qualification in Investment Markets or an accountancy qualification would be an advantage.
* Proficiency in the use of valuation tools and applications such as Bloomberg & Factset and knowledge of third party valuation platforms is essential.
* Experience in similar operation roles.
* Team Lead or Supervisor experience.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving capability with an ability to provide solutions under time pressures.
* Experience in planning and organising team members and tasks.
* Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to influence outcomes whilst at the same time maintaining relationships.
* A questioning attitude and strong problem solving skills coupled with an ability to follow through problems to completion.
* Individuals will be able to provide evidence of operating at similar levels of responsibility in their current role.
Team Working and Cross Functional Collaboration
Problem Solving and Decision Making
Operational Excellence and Process Improvement
Planning and Organising
Building and Maintaining Relationships