Oliver James has been exclusively engaged to recruit a Head of FP&A for one of our fastest growing clients in the life and annuity insurance sector. This client provides competitive protection, supplemental, and asset accumulation products in addition to having a successful track record of acquiring companies and blocks of business, which continue to contribute significantly to their growth. The Group overall has more than $13 billion of life insurance inforce.
Reporting jointly to the CFO and working with the Head of M&A, Chief Actuary and CIO, the Head of FP&A is responsible for all financial forecasting, financial planning, and analysis for corporate strategic initiatives for capital, expense and debt management.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead Expense and capital management position to move to greater proactive stance
- Focus on SEC readiness for MD&A and future road show presentations
- In charge of rating agency prep and relationship management
- Map out plan vs actual presentations that contextualize the drivers across key metrics
- Help build out better contextualized Board & AC Decks
- Develop Financial Supplement for 144A/IPO readiness
- Develop Future deck for investor relations
- Improve Rating agency decks
- Ad-hoc Decks for Debt providers
- Other presentations as needed.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting/finance required
- Certified Public Accountant or MBA highly preferred
- 10-15 + years of Financial Reporting and FP&A experience
- Reinsurance and experience with previous growth companies in life and annuities products preferred
- Proficiency in GAAP public MD&A requirements a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with various stakeholders, including senior management, internal functional partners and counterparties
- Organized, reliable, detail-oriented, and motivated to support teams in delivering timely results and quality work products.
- Entrepreneurial and growth mindset, with a bias towards action and details
- Strong desire to help others
- Professionalism - approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, treats others with respect and consideration, accepts responsibility for own actions.
If you meet the above job qualifications and would like to be considered for the role, please apply using the prompts provided, alternatively send your resume to email@example.com