Oliver James has been exclusively engaged to help one of our international life and annuity insurers to find a Head of Accounting Policy. This is a newly created position due to a number of successful reinsurance and entity acquisitions within the annuity space.
Reporting into the Divisional CFO, The chosen candidate will provide technical accounting and financial reporting control leadership for the broader finance group. The ideal candidate will have deep (re)insurance experience in GAAP, US STAT and Strategic transactions accounting experience. This position will lead a team of 3-5 individuals to drive the analysis of accounting policy choices, communicate implications of decisions/alternatives and drive implementation of new accounting requirements (e.g., LDTI).
- Lead, analyze, and provide expertise in relation to US GAAP/SEC and US STAT accounting guidance and emerging issues that may shape company financial filings.
- Support overall reporting processes and monitor any changes made to US GAAP and statutory regulations/requirements.
- Oversee and lead business on the implementation of any new and amendments required for US GAAP, SEC, NAIC statutory standards including revenue recognition, current and expected credit loses, and long duration targeted improvements.
- Continuously monitor financial processes and controls to ensure optimal efficiencies and execution across the finance teams in accordance with public company level financial reporting standards and regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for the financial analysis and advise that will enhance business decision support, including but not limited to merger and acquisitions, legal entity restructurings and reinsurance transactions.
The ideal candidate will:
- University degree in accounting (MBA desired
- Internationally recognized accounting designation (CPA,CA) and a minimum of 15 years of relevant post-qualification experience within re/insurance (10+ years in public accounting preferred)
- Be detail oriented and highly organized
- Broad range of technical accounting skills gained in analyzing financial processes and M&A transactions
- Proven track record of building and managing finance processes and the timely delivery of accurate results
- Expertise in re/insurance industry financial reporting requirements, US GAAP, SEC reporting and US STAT (NAIC) standards required
- Possess strong communication and analytical skills.
- Highly motivated and results-oriented.
- Proven ability to work independently & collaboratively
- Be a strategic thinker able to analyze and solve complex problems
- Very strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills to clearly articulate sophisticated concepts, ideas and processes.
Compensation: there is a broad range for this role, the client is looking to pay between 180-250k base salary. There is also a handsome bonus and long term incentive on top.
Location: This role can work on a hybrid schedule in either New York City or Hartford, CT. Some travel will be required.
To be considered further, please apply using the prompts provided or email your contact information to Chris Dodds via the email Chris.email@example.com