With a broad skill-set, including financial modelling, commercial acumen, problem solving, presentational skills and change management, you'll have responsibility for key inputs such as balance sheet and cashflow modelling for the financial 5 year plan, annual budget and quarterly forecasts across the group including entity views.
Planning and Forecasting
- Understand business strategy and be able to tell the story linking to the financial numbers
- Develop a good understanding and knowledge of key business performance (KPI's) drivers
- Add value through support and challenge of the business through financial insight
- Create, coordinate and manage the annual and quarterly timetables and process to create the annual 5 Year Financial plan, annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Create all the 5 year financial plan, budget and forecast outputs for the finance leadership team, Exco and boards for Group and each of the entities
- Support in ensuring the revenue and costs models are created using assumptions signed off and agreed by the business
- Investigation of reconciliation deficiencies, ensuring appropriate escalation and business engagement is achieved
Cash and Balance Sheet
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly and annual cash flow forecasts and dividend recommendations
- Accountable for the creation and on-going maintenance of the Group Balance sheet and cashflow model in IBM Cognos TM1
- Responsible for the integration of the cashflow and balance sheet forecasting and budgeting with the P&L planning to ensure seamless updates apply throughout.
- Engage with the Regulatory team to ensure solvency and ORSA creation is integrated on the planning timetable and linked into the wider forecast or budget process
Job Specific Competencies:
Experience & Skills
- Insurance or re-insurance industry experience is preferred
- Significant working knowledge of modelling P&Ls, Balance sheets and cashflow
- Able to articulate complex matters from junior to Board level in an insightful way
- Good time management and organisation skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Leadership skills and ability to motivate employees in a high pressurised environment - Problem solving skills, with the ability to identify problems and adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- hold a Qualified Accountant Qualification such as ACA, CIMA, ACCA
- have clear and concise communication skills so that senior leaders from both finance and non-finance areas can understand the issues quickly and make appropriate business decisions
- have experience of system implementation (IBM Cognos TM1 preferred but not essential)
- Commercially focused and willing to challenge information and not take at face-value.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with an organised and proactive approach
- Taking responsibility for tasks and seeing them through to completion with great attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Flexible approach to work and adopts a positive attitude
- Embraces opportunities to develop and learn - shows a great level of self-awareness and drive.
- Possess an inquisitive mind, and be able to identify anomalies or inconsistencies and pursue these through to a resolution
- Relish the challenge of working to tight deadlines and during periods of pressure
- Strives to drive business improvements and contribute to the success of the business
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we're so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday - we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.