This role as Group Accountant will be of the utmost importance as the business continues on this growth plan over the next few years. You, along with one other Group Financial Reporting Accountant will focus on servicing the Group level financial reporting. You'll form close working relationships with the wider Finance team, as well as the Finance Directors and Controllers across all business units.
Key Responsibilities :
- Preparing the monthly Group Financial reporting analysis for submission to the executive management, including performance analysis against budget.
- You'll support the half and full year external financial reporting results.
- Reviews over controls environment and assisting implementing changes as required.
- You'll support ad-hoc finance projects such as, IFRS17 and Finance Transformation implementation.
- You'll assist in other group reporting requirements to include Solvency II, rating agency submissions and other statistical data requirements.
- Qualified Accountant
- IFRS and insurance industry experience is essential
- Experience with a Big 4 accounting firm, insurance specialist accountancy firm or multinational company
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Ability to use own initiative and to work well alone and as part of a team
- Prepared to work longer hours during financial reporting season
- Working knowledge of the standard Microsoft environment
- Prior knowledge of Cognos is an advantage
My client is super flexible with working from home and this role would not require more than 2 days in the office (London or Essex)