I'm working with a major insurance carrier that delivers innovative offshore life insurance solutions to High Net Worth (HNW) markets around the world. We are a diverse team of best-in-class industry experts who are passionate about their Clients and the work we do for them.This company is looking for the best talent to join their growing team in the beautiful island of Bermuda.
The Director, Underwriting, International will deliver fair and consistent Underwriting decisions that are based on the companies underwriting Philosophy, to deliver mortality results that are consistent with expectations, while maintaining strong customer focus. The Director will report to the Chief Underwriter on all underwriting matters.
- The Director is responsible for mortality risk appraisal for the ultra-high net worth business working primarily in the Asian markets.
- Working towards approval authority up to $20 million
- Builds, maintains and manages a proactive, positive, and productive relationship with the underwriting to ensure all customer relationships are maintained and the team meets the client's high expectations.
- Special assignments as needed and directed.
- Over 10 years individual underwriting experience in Canada, United States, offshore or equivalent in large case markets.
- Completion of the Fellowship, Academy of Life Underwriting (FALU) and the Fellowship, Life Management Institute (FLMI).
- Must be proficient in understanding all risk factors relating to mortality risk management and have the ability to solve complex problems.
- Maintaining an in-depth technical knowledge for medical and financial underwriting practices, clinical testing and current medical procedures in order to satisfy proper risk assessment
- Is responsive to customer needs while demonstrating sound business judgement and has excellent negotiating skills.
- Has advanced understanding of retention schedules and Reinsurance agreements.
- Consistently maintains excellent individual audit results
- Fluency in Cantonese or Mandarin is desired due to the focus in Asia
This is a super unique opportunity for Life Underwriters located anywhere in the world.
(must be willing to relocate to Bermuda)
Relocation package offered as this role will require you to live in Bermuda. (hybrid 3 days/wk)
*Bonus: You don't pay income tax in Bermuda
If interested in discussing this role more, please reach out to Victoria Wyberanec at (646) 398-6903
Please send resume: email@example.com