The aim of this role is to manage the tax compliance process for corporation tax and VAT and the tax reporting process at the half year and year-end.
You will manage the R&D outsourcer and the annual claim process, manage the implementation of new tax compliance requirements, identify and manage automation and process improvement opportunities to conclusion with a focus on source data quality and process efficiency/effectiveness.
- Delivery of Corporation tax and VAT returns for all entities and securitisation vehicles and the annual R&D claim delivering c£1m of benefit to YBS per
- Delivery of tax reporting, statutory tax notes and disclosures for the half-year and year-end. Accountable for tax accounting matters in conjunction with the broader financial accounting team.
- Manage HMRC audit activities related to Corporation Tax & VAT
- Responsible for: o the tax comps for all entities andsecuritisation vehicles.
- quarterly VAT return including the EC sales list, annual adjustment and capital goods scheme adjustment.
- bi-annual tax reporting and statutory accounts tax notes.
- Responsible for the outsourced R&D tax reclaim process, ensuring the process delivers a timely and effective outcome in order to optimise tax relief available. This delivers c£1m benefit per annum to profits.
- Provide tax oversight on the compliance support to the share plans business.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the HMRC Making Tax Digital (MTD) requirements and the continuous improvement of processes to support MTD.
- Support the Tax Risk & Advisory Manager with the SAO testing program.
- Responsible for identifying automation and process improvement opportunities as well as managing these initiatives. to conclusion with a focus on source data quality and process efficiency/effectiveness.
- Proactively business partner with key internal stakeholders to raise the profile of the tax team and to communicate tax requirements for meeting compliance obligations efficiently.
- Direct, support and develop the Assistant Accountant in their role.
- Manage and support as appropriate the relationship with external tax auditors and advisors.
- Operate independently managing own workload and seeking technical support from the Lead when necessary.
- Will possess an accounting or tax qualification with at least 3 years PQE or equivalent experience
- Experience of working in a financial services organisation, a large accounting practice or other large organisation, specialising in tax
- Experience in corporation tax and VAT compliance and in the delivery of tax reporting
- Detailed knowledge of tax legislation across the taxes particularly Corporation tax and VAT
- Knowledge of financial accounting in general and of accounting for tax in particular.
- Experience in dealing with external auditors, HMRC and tax advisors.
- Highly numerate, intellectually strong and capable of digesting and interpreting tax technical information
- Experience with delivering on automation and process improvements
- Rigorous, methodical and well organised with excellent attention to detail and ability to deliver to deadline
- Evidence of professional learning and development to build and maintain skills and expertise
- Experience with R&D claim process within the financial sector