The successful candidate, led by the UX Design Supervisor, will own the UX design process from research to conceptual design, as well as supporting creation of documentation for the product. He/she will take care of the company web properties with a continuous improvement approach, iterating over analysis - design - test loops.
We are looking for a candidate with a problem solving and creative mindset: a designer who understands customers and internal stakeholder requirements in order to convert them into appealing, highly usable user interfaces and user flows.
In order to achieve this goal, the Senior UX Designer will collaborate with internal teams and with external vendors as well, being an effective facilitator between all of them.
Strong knowledge of usability rules, information architecture and interaction design are required.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
- UX Strategy
- Defining users and scenarios
- Define concept idea and user journey from the initial touchpoint through the final purchase
- Consistency check of design decisions under the brand guidelines
- UX Design
- Translating conceptual ideas into compelling experiences, leading the definition of visual design throughout the product lifecycle
- Hands-on, designing interfaces and dynamic prototypes, and turning usability findings into design improvements
- UX Research
- Using user insight, analysis, and benchmarks to guide design decisions, heuristics and competitive analysis
- Ability to interpret data to provide redesign recommendations
- Design Ops
- Ensures designs are completed on time and adhere to the established specifications and standards
- Be able to show the how of a project and the why behind each decision, in order to justify the work done
- Drive and support ideas right through the successful launch of a project
- Quality assurance
- Provide quality control over design outputs and production
- Portfolio demonstrating that the candidate has worked on large scale websites, applications and mobile interfaces
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment with acceptance of priority adjustments, multiple projects and a fast pace of change
- Experience with eCommerce and Fashion/Luxury projects
- Experience with international clients and/or suppliers
- Solid knowledge of the principles of user centered design
- Knowledge of Sketch, Invision and Zeplin (or other wireframing, prototyping and annotation tools)
- Fluency in Italian and English
- Previous design thinking experiences are considered a plus
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to develop and implement actionable solutions to drive business results
- Ability to identify areas for improvement within existing customer journeys and provide product ideas and design solutions.
- Ability to solve complex problems, in a solution-focused and action-oriented mindset.
- Understanding the customer and its problems, in order to envision why an interface succeeds or fails
- Presentation skills
- Ability to influence, through storytelling and analytical thinking
- Analytical skills
- Ability to understand the constraints of a design problem and identify the tradeoffs