The Sr. Underwriting Analyst will lead the design and implementation of automated underwriting rules and guidelines that are necessary. This position will focus on implementing innovations in life underwriting with respect to data sources, data analytics, automation, processes and programs
- Fully Remote- USA only.
- Only open to us residents or citizens.
- Only apply if you have experience in Life Underwriting
The Sr. Underwriting Analyst will lead the design and implementation of automated underwriting rules and guidelines that are necessary to support the sales and profitability of the life product portfolio. This position will focus on implementing innovations in life underwriting with respect to data sources, data analytic, automation, processes and programs.
- Understand the current and emerging risk selection requirements and tools; determine their impact on mortality
- Monitor production reports and metrics; collaborate with underwriting and operations staff to improve results.
- Provide underwriting expertise to data warehouse initiatives; support efforts to use data to develop leading indicators of mortality
- Assist with the work of moving towards automated and rules-based underwriting. Support other department initiatives as assigned Write underwriting rules for automated systems, audit and maintain rules sets
- Work with Operations and Underwriting Analysts to socialise and implement enhanced and new underwriting methods
- Work with IT and vendors when necessary to adjust rules or implement new rules
- Work with data analytic and actuarial team to monitor and analyse results of underwriting automation efficacy of data utilisation in underwriting
- AA or BA degree preferred.
- Relevant experience considered in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years of Life Underwriting experience including familiarity with metrics analysis, underwriting data sources and tools.
- Experience evaluating underwriting data sources and solutions, underwriting rules writing and solutions implementation a plus.
- FLMI and FALU designations or equivalent.
- Understands how the respective coverage area operates within the context of the industry.
- Quickly processes information and develops solutions in real-time, with practical, measurable business benefits.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to serve the customer.
- Works with other colleagues and leaders to deliver Operations strategy.
- Reads a wide range of audiences and situations and quickly adjusts communication style accordingly; selects appropriate communication channel and tone to deliver tough messages.
- Identifies opportunities to use innovative processes.
- Seeks opportunities to cultivate relationships with established contacts in their network.
- Provides guidance on what information to gather to achieve business objectives and how to efficiently obtain information that is not easily available.
- Seeks challenging assignments and projects
- Understands and demonstrates a commitment to the departmental vision, strategy, change initiatives and goals.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve department performance and escalates ideas to leadership.
- Leads/participates in process improvement activities.
- Provides strategic insight into data and requests reporting to measure business outcomes.
- Sets, monitors and holds accountability for priorities and goals that ensure objectives are met during the allocated time period.
- Identifies key issues and defines parameters for potential vendor solutions.
- Sets expectations and promotes conditions that enable team members to deliver high-quality work.
- Expected to provide regulatory subject matter expertise in the area of focus.