Our client is looking for a seasoned Technical Manager (Solution Architecture) who is hands on with architecture methodologies and can manage and lead the team towards project delivery. This is a permanent position.
- Creation of architectural design proposals and prepare architecture reports for management and executive teams.
- Perform analysis on the current data analytics capabilities as well as pain points
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing systems.
- Educate staff members through training and individual support.
- Conduct regular and ad-hoc standards review on every architecture component for different enterprise systems.
- Prepare technical reports and deliver presentation to all levels of management to delineate the business implications of technical initiatives and secure their buy-in.
- Drive and promote architectural standards and policies.
- Provide architecture advice and assistance, usually definitive, to all levels of engineers and managers.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent. Postgraduate qualification a definite plus.
- 12+ years of information systems analysis/design and architecture development experience; consultancy experience in architecture engagements a distinct advantage.
- Understanding of EA concepts and its implementation implications within organization depending on the maturity of the organization along the EA roadmap
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in presenting technical concepts and their business implications to all levels of management and secure their buy-in.
- Knowledgeable in the latest technologies and business processes.
- Data Science Languages: R, Python
- Visual Analytic Tools: SAS, Tableau
- ETL Tools : Informatica/Talend
- Data Warehouse technology: Oracle Exadata, SQL Server, Teradata
- New Data Lake technology: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive, MapReduce
- Messaging technology: Solace/Tibco
- Has written and executed RFI/RFP processes in order to correctly evaluate and recommend the correct technology, application, or product.
- Able to influence others and be able to demonstrate peer leadership skills.
- Ability to apply structured thinking to analyze and reduce complex problems to its essence.
- Ability to define business & systems roadmaps where the requirements of one or the other is not clearly defined, identified nor available such as to prevent lost investments or prevent "mushrooming technologies"
- Ability to lead in architecture analysis, modelling, and design ensuring alignment with business and Architecture strategy. This includes the ownership of the architecture artifacts, controlling the architectural integrity and managing critical architectural trade-offs.
- Consultancy experience in architecture development and information systems analysis/design.
- Ability to translate core business requirements into feasible technical solution amid constraints
- Ability to work effectively with people in other departments and/or outside of the enterprise