Senior Operational Risk Manager
This is where you will work
The Operational Risk Management (ORM) department reports directly to the CFRO and acts independently of our clients commercial functions. You will be part of a team of 10 risk specialists. Team members have distinct areas of expertise and responsibility and are able to work independently. At the same time the breadth of our clients activities and the relatively small size of the team require teamwork with team members functioning as each others backup.
Operational risk management demands a broad view on risk at strategic, tactical and operational levels. This requires the ability to operate on (senior) management level and act as a sparring partner on key business topics but also a hands-on mentality and the ability to translate the strategic vision of the department into day to day action.
Our clients business departments, together with the Executive Committee, are responsible for managing risks resulting from their activities. It is up to the ORM team to enable management to be in control and make conscious decisions considering the risk/return balance. The ORM team actively support, challenge, and facilitate the internal control of the business.
Maintaining strong relationships within the organization and cooperating with other control functions like Legal, Compliance and Internal Audit is a key factor of this position.
We are currently looking for an Operational Risk Manager with the ability to think in value chains and be a pro-active and convincing advisor that levels with management while safeguarding alignment with the framework. We are looking for a down to earth, hands on and open personality. Eager to learn, curiosity and willingness to aim for the highest quality and therewith be of good support and part of the ambition of our client.
- Maintenance of the control framework, through risk assessments and analysis of incidents
- (Re)design of risk policies and procedures
- Management reporting on risk and control
- Development of training/awareness activities
- An academic background
- >8 years of relevant experience as an operational risk manager
- Knowing the challenges and complexities of Asset Management
- Ability to operate on (senior) management level as a sparring partner on key business topics
- Experience with ISAE 3402 and ISAE 3402 related activities
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written, oral and presentational
- Organizational sensitivity and skills
- Ability to structure complex processes and projects
- Solid analytical, negotiating, convincing, stress resistant, adaptive and reporting abilities
- Result driven, down to earth, hands on
- Independent worker and an excellent Team player.
This is what you will get
- A custom made annual salary (based on knowledge & experience)
- An informal multicultural working environment with great colleagues
- Challenging work on complex problems
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid way of working
- A wide range of training opportunities