The primary purpose of the role is to undertake a range of internal audit activities as part of the overall delivery of the Annual Internal Audit Plan which includes SOX walkthroughs and testing. The Senior Internal Auditor performs regulatory, operational and financial reviews to evaluate whether controls and processes are in compliance with policies, procedures and legislation and provides recommendations to strengthen the controls and processes where appropriate.
- Strongly contributes to or leads all aspects of planning, execution and reporting of audits.
- Identify opportunities to strengthen internal controls and improve business processes.
- Present issues and recommendations to operating management, including the drafting of Audit Findings and/or Reports.
- Plan and execute the review and audit of the internal control environment within the Company to enable the management attestation required by section 404 of Sarbanes - Oxley.
- Maintain effective relationships with external auditors, business units and corporate management to enhance the audit process.
- Providing ongoing support to all operating departments towards ensuring that all processes and procedures have considered the use of best practice in determining the application of strong internal controls.
- Assist in high level business risk assessment to determine the nature, timing and extent of risk-based audit procedures.
- Assisting with audit issue tracking and follow-up;
- Effectively monitors own performance to ensure plans, schedules, and budgets are met, as well as to appropriately use Company resources.