Job description, Senior controller group FP&A - Amsterdam
1. Position in the organization
Reports to: Manager reporting & control
Group FP&A is responsible for the global FP&A activities related to Finance, commercial, production & supply chain area's
2. The Context
The company headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, is a leading international producer of natural gas-based fertilizers and industrial chemicals, including nitrogen fertilizers, methanol and other products used by agricultural and industrial customers with production facilities in The Netherlands, The United States, The MENA region and has 4000 employees. In 2021 the revenues stand at $6.3billion, with adjusted EBITDA of $2.5 bln and net debt of $2.2 bln. The company is publicly traded on the NYSE Euronext in Amsterdam, with the majority of the shares owned by the Sawiris family.
The company has a one-tier Board of Directors, made up of nine Non-Executive Directors and three Executive Directors, who have collective responsibility for the management, general affairs and strategy of the company. Whilst the Board of Directors creates the strategic mandate, the Executive Directors specifically support the realization of these goals through regular reporting from each subsidiary's management team. At the same time, the operating entities independently manage their day-to-day operations under the guidance of executive management.
3. Purpose of the job
Operate as right hand of the manager reporting & control
4. Tasks & responsibilities
- Drive the automation project of the Cash Flow reporting in Board.com
- Prepare Cash flow reporting and analysis and collaborate with OpCo's to improve the accuracy and quality of CF reporting in Board.com
- Prepare consolidated annual budget and 18 months rolling forecast based on OpCo submissions;
- Provide variance analysis on the result and explanation to Corporate leadership team and senior executives;
- Prepare reports on the above information and communicate the insights of these reports to senior management and Executive Board;
- Support FP&A improvement projects (e.g. forecasting automation in BOARD, data warehousing & business intelligence-Power BI);
- Prepare and update 5-year financial plan;
- Prepare and/or review routine reporting and ad hoc analysis;
- Support the transformation & development a new KPI driven environment;
- Constantly contribute to further improving processes and building a future-proof finance and reporting structure;
- Supports Refinancing and M&A projects and Prepare annual impairment tests for related subsidiaries;
5. Education & skills
- Holds a master's degree in Finance, Economics or finance. MBA or Post-master is a pre
- Between 5 & 10 years of working experience as a finance professional in a controlling or FP&A, transaction services, corporate finance role within a dynamic, multinational corporate, fast-paced environment
- Abreast of industry updates, commodity price developments and other market trends impacting the business.
- Strong experience in FP&A, management reporting, budgeting, variance analysis, P&L, Financial Statements
- Experienced with creating and working with financial models, experience in commodity business is a pre.
- Deadline driven with project management skills for cross-organizational coordination and timely delivery of results and presentations.
- Accurate with data and attention to detail and the ability to identify data patterns.
- Tools used for job may include Board.com, HFM, Power BI, Smart view, Excel and other and reporting tools
6. Performance and personal competencies
- Must have a broad experience in Cash Flow analysis and in combination with systems savviness planning systems (e.g. Board), consolidation systems (e.g. HFM) and BI, dashboarding (e.g. power BI)
- Strong communicator and makes arguments in a compelling manner and comes to the point
- Brings immediate credibility. Able to build and sustain relationships at the most senior levels of the organization, as well as externally, for example with the external accountant.
- Works at a high pace, while delivering quality work
- Must be a self-starter, work independently and drive delivery focus
- Track record in improving the finance function and leading transformation projects