This role will lead on the production of financial reporting and identify opportunities to improve and enhance reporting. As Senior Manager you will coach and mentor your team and embed a culture of collaboration and curiosity.
- Leading the continued standardisation, industrialisation and integration of all financial reporting and MI, across Finance
- Leadership of broad range of report production and data manipulation activities, enabling delivery of robust financial results, working in conjunction with Financial Control & Finance Operations functions
- Review MI/Reporting, seeking areas for improvements and/or rationalisation to enhance effectiveness, working closely with Financial Control and Finance Operations functions
- Manage colleagues performing financial reporting activities
- Build a strong culture of accountability, to ensure output and quality of the services meet stakeholder/customer expectations and are in line emerging with agreed KPIs
- Coach and mentor team to improve performance, promoting collaboration and 'cross-fertilisation' of ideas
- Motivate and develop the team and support their continuing personal and professional development
- Qualified accountant (CIMA / ACA / ACCA qualified) with extensive experience working in a financial reporting function within a complex financial services organisation (insurance preferred)
- Digital mindset with a passion for data analytics and reporting
- Thorough knowledge of relevant reporting and analytical tools with enthusiasm to embrace new tools
- Can demonstrate experience of leading structured process improvement in a reporting / data analytics environment, on own initiative.
- Be confident building controls into processes