I am currently recruiting for a Senior Financial Reporting Accountant to join a highly reputable insurance firm on a permanent basis.
Senior Financial Reporting Accountant / 1 day in office per week / Perm
- Manage the monthly financial close process, including the overseeing of the production of key reconciliations for both income statement and balance sheet, ensuring reconciling items are investigated and cleared on a timely basis.
- Lead monthly results meetings to ensure that Finance understand the key drivers.
- Oversee the preparation of quarterly statutory and regulatory reporting for all UK entities. Including maintenance and communication of the UK basis reporting calendar.
- Produce information to be included within Board Reports and for Group reporting to the agreed timescales and requirements.
- Identifying gaps in understanding of UK reporting requirements within the Financial Reporting Team and recommend action to reduce these gaps.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors to answer queries and plan for annual audits and review of report and accounts, including delivery of detailed planning documents.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA).
- High level of technical knowledge in relation to accounting and regulatory changes.
- Ability to contribute ideas to an increasingly changing regulatory and reporting environment, both internally and externally.
If the above role is of interest, please apply online with an up to date CV copy