I am currently supporting a leading Insurance business on their search for a Senior Financial Accountant during a period of restructure
The role will be responsible for
- Manage and drive the refinement of process, procedures and systems to continuously improve the efficiency and control across accounting and balance sheet substantiation activities
- Manage broad range of operational accounting activities, enabling delivery of robust financial results working in conjunction with Financial Control & Reporting CoE functions
- Support explanation to stakeholders of results compared to relevant budgets / forecasts, working in conjunction with Financial Control and Business Partnering teams
- Oversight of staff involved in preparation and posting of general ledger journal entries
- Be a qualified accountant (for example ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or have relevant years of working experience
- Have an in depth understanding of best-practice accounting in an insurance environment, although strong candidates from other parts of financial services industry will be considered
- Can demonstrate experience of leading structured process improvement activity in an accounting environment
- Must have full right to work within the UK (no sponsorship available) - hybrid/flexible working available.
If this role is of any interest please apply online with a copy of your updated CV.