Oliver James are mandated by their global consulting client to support in the recruitment of a Senior Data Analytics Manager within their Financial Services practice. This will be initially remotely based, reverting to a split between London-base, home working and agile hours. The roles pays a c£100k basic plus extras including annual bonus, favourable pension, cash choices plus extras.
Oliver James are mandated by their global consulting client to support in the recruitment of a Senior Data Analytics Manager within their Financial Services practice. This will be initially remotely based, reverting to a blend between London office base, remote working and agile hours to suit your day. The roles pays a c£100k basic plus extras including annual bonus, favourable pension, cash choices plus extras.
Ideally, candidates will be able to demonstrate deep experience of:-
* Work experience or good knowledge of a number of technical areas: Risk and data architecture, data governance, data strategy, data quality, master data management, reference data, knowledge of the data management vendor landscape, and experience of data analytics and visualisation tools
* Work experience or strong knowledge of a number of risk areas, including financial and/or non-financial risk management frameworks and risk operating models
* Experience or knowledge of digitisation or innovation strategies for risk management, such as the adoption of advanced analytics and modelling capabilities, or the shift to cloud native 3rd party solutions.
* Knowledge of Risk Reporting and MI projects, including knowledge of key regulatory reporting requirements (e.g. Corep, Finrep, Anacredit, Stress Testing).
* Knowledge of regulatory change programmes (e.g. BCBS 239, Basel III/ IV, MiFID 2, FRTB, IBOR).
* Relevant consulting / advisory experience in Banking and Capital Markets, Asset Management and/or Insurance, with involvement in project management and delivery.
* Experience of change or transformation programmes, including working in an Agile environment, within the Risk function of large FS firms would be a benefit.
* Direct experience of working in a relevant role in industry would be a benefit.
Required skills and qualifications
* You will be educated to bachelor degree level or equivalent within a related area, such as business, finance, economics or accounting.
* Core technical skills in one or more of the following:- Excel, Alteryx and Business Intelligence visualisation (e.g. Tableau, Qlik and/or Power BI); and * Advanced technical skills, in one or more of the following areas: advanced Excel modelling (including VBA), SQL, Simulation (e.g. Anylogic, Simul8), R, Python and/or MS Azure Machine Learning Studio.
* Have strong project and financial management skills.
* Have a logical and quantitative mind-set, with the ability to demonstrate a structured approach to problem solving.
* Have strong technical, problem identification and analytical skills - with demonstrable experience in at least one of these areas.
* Ambitious and self-motivated with the ability to work with limited supervision.
* Demonstrate that you stay abreast of industry and technology developments.
* Have strong communication skills.