We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure and Cloud Engineer to join a reputable and global company going through a large transformation programme.
Due to continued success (even during the last year) this business is investing a lot in their technology function and are looking for someone to lead their cloud journey (Azure). As their Cloud Lead you would establish standards, design solutions and define the business's road map moving forward.
Currently in a hybrid on-prem / Azure model, you will help them grow to become a cloud first business.
Skills & Experience:
- Ensure BAU activities are maintained to the highest standards
- Design practical, scalable & secure infrastructure solutions that will maximise the sharing of applications, information & resources across the companies global estate
- Evaluate, Test, implement & recommend specific solutions in conjunction with the Technical Architects. Making recommendations based on future business needs
- Promote collaboration both internally & externally
- Uphold security & compliance to client and internal led standards
- Provide on-going information to peers, leadership and customers regarding the environment, technology innovations and industry best practice
Skills & Experience:
- Strong all rounded infrastructure background with a good level of working experience with Azure
- Good experience with Azure Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF) landing zones
- Knowledge of SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, IaC (ARM Templates)
- Knowledge of PowerShell and Azure Command Line Interface
- Experience migrating on-premise environments to the cloud
- Experience with security & disaster recovery in Azure
- Experience with Azure Active Directory
- Good knowledge around networking, deployment of virtual machines
- Any knowledge around Azure databases is hugely desirable.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a direct impact to a business as well as having the opportunity to mentor and guide current engineers.
As the SME for the business you will have full autonomy and scope to define their cloud road map moving forward.
This role is currently fully remote, in the future it will only require 1 to 2 days in the office per week. This role can be based from any of the following offices; Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham, Newcastle upon Tyne
Click apply now or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!