Oliver James is working with a leading real estate organization that is looking to hire an in-house insurance claims expert. As the only Senior Claims Manager for the business, you will manage all claims related issues, including the management of a pending caseload, claims strategy and all relationships with external TPAs. You will be responsible for a portfolio of General Liability cases (Slip & Falls, Bodily Injury), along with Construction Liability / Bodily Injury, Property and Auto Liability. Some of these will be higher value cases including litigation and you will act as the sole point of contact for all internal / external contacts.
Primary Role Duty: To manage a caseload of general liability claims (slip & falls, bodily injury), construction / contractors, bodily injury claims, including mid/high value claims involving litigation. To ensure ongoing adjudication of claims within service expectations, industry best practices and specific client service requirements; and negotiate settlements.
Skills/ Qualifications Required;
- 7+ years of claims adjusting experience within General Liability
- Excellent knowledge of Bodily Injury and related case law
- Excellent knowledge of Construction (NY Labor law beneficial)
- Ability to drive claims strategy and process for the business
- Ability to manage TPA relationships - drive strategy for this area
- Experience managing client / customer relationships
- Exposure to litigation (highly beneficial)
- Strong education background
This role must be based from Mid-Town Manhattan for the majority of the week (with some remote working accommodated). They are offering an excellent base salary, bonus and career plan for the future. This is the perfect opportunity to move away from a large insurance team, into a stand-alone claims role where you can influence and build around you!