Oliver James is currently representing a leading FinTech company on a search for an AWS DevOps Engineer. Our client is one of the largest Fintech/Data organizations in the world with dozens of offices around the globe. This engineer will be responsible for the security, complaince, and automation aspects for their applications.
- Design and build automated DevOps processes and procedures
- Design build plans, assist developers with AWS services configurations
- Ensure end-to-end deployments succeed and resources come up in an automated fashion
- Provide direction to developers with troubleshooting and application errors due to configuration issues
- Debug production outages and take actions resulting from root cause analysis
- Monitor production environment and act to keep systems stable and running
- Lead production deployments and provide off-hour support when needed to troubleshoot problems with mission-critical applications
- Coordinate and collaborate extensively with Agile Development Teams to ensure teams adhere to CICD guidelines in following DevOps processes
- Bachelor's Degree in Science / Computer Science / Information Technology
- Relevant overall experience
- Strong working experience in an AWS environment
- Knowledge of cloud base Git hosting providers like Bitbucket, GitHub and branch management and merging
- Technical knowledge of IT processes to include configuration management, networking, database management, application coding, availability, data center operations, etc.
- Experience setting up CICD pipelines using Jenkins