Insurance Financial Services Audit practice, a national practice is seeking an experienced Audit Senior to join the team. As an Audit Senior in this practice, you will serve as a trusted adviser and member of the engagement team providing various assurance and advisory services to a wide range of insurance clients.
International audit, tax and advisory organization with operations in over 90 countries. Industry specialists deliver tailored services to a wide range of clients across sectors, including individuals, high-growth emerging companies, privately-owned businesses, and large enterprises.
Insurance Financial Services Audit practice, a national practice is seeking an experienced Audit Senior to join the team. As an Audit Senior in this practice, you will serve as a trusted adviser and member of the engagement team providing various assurance and advisory services to a wide range of insurance clients. The client profile includes SEC and non-public carriers, captives, Managing General Agencies, and Third-Party Administrators in the P&C, Life, and Health sectors. You will be expected to lead the resolution of complex accounting and business issues that impact our clients.
- Collaborate to plan audit objectives and determine a risk-based audit strategy
- Establish the expectations of the audit team and value of client services to be delivered
- Lead multiple audit engagements at the same time and competing priorities in a fast-paced, interactive results-based environment
- Provide guidance and participate in the performance of audit procedures that impact complex or specialized issues facing a client
- Identify accounting and audit risks using US GAAP, NAIC Statutory, IFRS, accounting principles and US GAAS, IAS, and PCAOB auditing standards
- Manage all engagement fieldwork to ensure quality service and timely delivery of results
- Assist with managing client engagement administrative tasks including staffing, billing & collections, and ensure profitability targets are met
- Anticipate and address client concerns and escalate issues to engagement partner as they arise
- Understand clients' industries and recognize business trends, emerging industry and technical developments and key performance drivers impacting clients' business
- Participate in the development and professional growth of other audit staff through knowledge sharing, on-site training, timely performance feedback, and other firm initiatives
- Serve as a trusted advisor to clients' and begin to identify opportunities for expanded services
- Ensure self-professional development with technical specialization and on-going education
- Bachelor of Science degree in accounting or a business-related field of study
- CPA license or eligible to sit
- 3-5 years of current or recent experience providing financial audit services in a CPA firm or professional services practice
- Previous work experience developing and executing audit strategies for financial services.
- Experience in dealing with a broad spectrum of companies from start-ups to multi-national companies and SEC registrants
- Working knowledge of US GAAP, NAIC Statutory, IFRS, US GAAS, IAS, and PCAOB standards
- Demonstrated success leading teams and mentoring other audit staff on multiple client engagements simultaneously
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of ProSystem Engagement and other audit preparation software programs
What They Offer:
- Competitive base salary and incentive compensation plan
- A comprehensive, competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and life insurance plans, a generous paid days' off (PDO) plan, and a competitive 401k Plan
- A dynamic, diverse work experience in a growing global organization
- An inclusive, client-centered environment where you can develop new skills, enhance your overall business knowledge and work with world-class professionals
- Intensive customized training, including in-house leadership development programs, continuing professional education courses, and both classroom and on-the-job training
Opportunity for International Mobility experiences are also made available