Oliver James are pleased to be working with an established Personal Lines insurer, renowned for their high quality motor, home and travel insurance. They are seeking an experienced Senior Actuarial Analyst to join their Reserving and Capital team.
You will be helping build, manage and improve regular processes which typically require the use of specialist actuarial software packages. You will require an ability to understand business process to make quality judgements to set methodologies and assumptions used in reserving and capital modelling processes.
Essential experience required:
- Experience in Reserving techniques and software and/or solvency Capital priciples and calculations
- Coding skills, such SQL
* Progress through actuarial examinations or demonstrable work experience in a similar role
* Bachelor/Master's in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, or related discipline
* Strong numerical and statistical capabilities.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Comfortable working with large amounts of data.
* Proactive, with a strong desire to learn. Demonstrates enthusiasm and self-motivation.
* Strong organisational skills, e.g. manages time effectively, prioritises work appropriately, documents work thoroughly
* Good at working in a team and demonstrates this by helping peers/department to achieve tasks when deadline is tight. Is happy working late on occasion to meet business needs.
* Dependable and reliable
- This role can be remote
- This role does not offer sponsorship.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and career minded individual wanting a challenging and rewarding career with a well known and highly respected Personal Lines insurer.
For further details on this role or to discuss how your role compares in the market, please don't hesitate to reach out on 020 3861 9140 or firstname.lastname@example.org