One InsurTech company just hit UNICORN STATUS and is are growing FAST; they need your help. An ideal candidate is a self-motivated, technically savvy accountant with a passion for automation that is excited by idea of changing the insurance industry for the better. They are looking for someone to hit the ground running using their knowledge of STAT, GAAP and data analysis to add value to their organization. If you are looking for the next big step in your career, this is the job for you!
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Stat and GAAP reporting for loss development and paid loss
- Accounting paid loss and loss adjusting expenses for claims
- Implement automatons for cash, consolidation accounting, loss reserving, and external reporting.
- Assisting in automating the accounting processes using data analysis
- Lead accounting projects relating to month-end close, stat reporting and partnership support
To perform well in this position, we are looking for:
- BA/BS in Accounting or similar training
- CPA preferred
- Experience within Insurance or other regulated entities is beneficial
- Experience with SQL, Python, Alteryx, or other data manipulation languages is preferred.
- Self-motivated, and comfortable with job ambiguity, ideally someone preferring to be empowered and supported rather than have days laid out
- High achieving, teamwork oriented, collaborative individual
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Vision, Medical, Life Insurance, 401k, Dental
Mostly Remote (once a month), Stock Option, Unlimited PTO and $1,000 vacation stipend
For a confidential discussion about your candidacy, please reach out at 646-876-0183 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org