The Senior Accountant performs duties of high complexity, judgement, and scope which include analyzing accounts and reports for completeness and accuracy, preparing journal entries, monthly balance sheet reconciliations, troubleshooting problem areas, and making recommendations for improving procedures.
Location: Statesville, NC (Hybrid-2 days in-office)
- Assist with analysis of monthly financial variances vs. budget and prior year
- Prepares assigned recurring and non-recurring journal entries throughout the month.
- Assists in the preparation of schedules for annual external audits.
- Assists in the monthly consolidation and preparation of elimination entries.
- Performs timely account analysis and reconciliations.
- Involvement with treasury activities and cash forecasting.
- Evaluates accounting systems and procedures and makes recommendations to improve efficiency.
- Maintains corporate financial statement templates and reporting structure.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required.
- CPA preferred.
- Experience with Infor/M3 and/or SQL a plus.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to handle and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.