The Risk Management Actuary works alongside the UK CRO, UK Risk Management team and central functions in strengthening the UK Branch's Actuarial and Enterprise Risk Management capabilities, striking the correct balance between risk and commercial considerations.
You will be directly involved in projects ranging across Protection, Longevity, Health and Structured Reinsurance markets.
You will be a Nearly | Newly Qualified Actuary with up to 3 years PQE.
Actuarial Risk Management
- Review of large and complex transactions, especially with respect to financial, operational, legal and reputational risk, in line with the agreed risk appetite.
- Review changes to pricing bases, product designs and pricing tools
Risk Regulatory Reporting
- Develop key UK Branch ORSA and RSR deliverables
- Contribute to the UK Branch annual ORSA process
Enterprise Risk Management
- Risk reporting to UK CRO, UK ExCo and central functions
- Monitor and report on the run-off Non-Life book of business
- Delivery of the operational risk management framework
- Review and assessment of other risk types e.g. market, credit, reputation, concentration, liquidity etc.
General Risk Management
- Support the UK Branch to write and maintain profitable commercial business and innovation initiatives, in line with the business strategy and risk appetite, acting as a Business/Risk Partner
- Promote Risk Management principles, develop the UK Branch risk strategy, and communicate and raise awareness of Risk Management within the UK Branch
- Develop the UK Branch risk strategy and appetite including product limits, striking the balance between Risk and Commercial demands
- Periodically represent risk management in special initiatives (e.g. product developments and business improvements)
- Maintain and improve the UK Branch risk management framework, policies and processes
- Be a point of reference for the business for guidelines and control processes