Reporting directly to the Deputy Head of Legal Entity Reporting, the role will be split between BAU (production of Solvency II Pillar III reporting to Lloyd's and PRA) and finance change and transformation activities within Solvency II
- Ownership, coordination and preparation of Solvency II deliverables for submission to the PRA and Lloyd's (including QRTs, NSTs, QSR, ASR, QAD, AAD).
- Prepare and provide insight in regulatory review packs, approval memorandums and for presentation to senior management at regulatory committees.
- Develop quarterly Solvency II Forecasting process including the review of inputs, assumptions and presentation of findings to senior team members, working closely with FP&A on Annual three-year Plan.
- Assist in the documentation of Solvency II methodology and process documents, ensuring that these are always kept up to date.
- Monitor regulatory developments and advise on their impact on regulatory reporting.
- Work to ensure the quality of Solvency II Pillar 3 Reporting templates and the timeliness of deliverables to meet submission deadlines.
- Lead the formation and management of the reporting timetable.
- Work with wider teams including Syndicate team, Finance Operations, FP&A, Tax, Group Risk and Actuarial in the delivery of Solvency II returns, ensuring consistency across all information presented across the business
- Contribute to the wider finance and business change initiatives by identifying areas for improvement, performing data quality checks, reconciling data and developing and aligning QRTs to new system.
- To embed processes and to lead continuous improvements through own development or leveraging appropriate expertise and resource.
- Support the change control and execution of the end user testing of solvency II reporting systems.
- Support the continuous development of the Solvency II DataMart
- Work, when required, with the Business Intelligence, Actuarial team and External software providers (Dynamo) to document and develop Pillar I/III automation solutions, data extracts and Technical Provisions.
- Lead in the interrogation and analysis of data used in Solvency II returns and recommend solutions.
Teamwork and Relationship Management
- Develop strong relationships with managers from various departments across European Operations in order to obtain the appropriate information required.
- Provide support to and knowledge sharing within the team.
- Assist with internal and external audit requests.
- Ad-hoc reporting work as required
Skills and Experience Specification:
- Professional qualification (ACA or equivalent) with at least 2 years post qualified experience
- Experience and knowledge of Solvency II reporting requirements
- Understanding of Syndicate/Lloyd's reporting requirements
- Attention to detail and strong planning and organisational skills
- Strong data manipulation and testing skills
- Strong ability to clearly communicate and influence key stakeholders
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills both in writing and verbally
- Advanced skills in MS Office applications, especially Excel
- Highly technical in accountancy skills, especially UK GAAP and IFRS
- General commercial and financial knowledge
- Strong team working skills
- The ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise
- Experience in finance transformation projects/system change
- Tagetik, SII DataMart, Peoplesoft knowledge
- Professional approach and delivery of work product.
- Energy, enthusiasm, persistence and adaptability.
- Focus on timely delivery of quality outputs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with both finance and non-finance teams to achieve common goals.
- Drive and commitment to achieve individual, project and team objectives.
- Commitment to development of self and others.