Oliver James are supporting a fast growing Life Consolidator who are seeking to recruit a Qualified Actuary to support the Board at Group Level.
You will be responsible for identifying and analysing new insurance firms as a potential business for acquisition and providing your due diligence findings to the board and senior stakeholders for decision making. As a qualified actuary with 0-3 years PQE experience you will have strong problem solving skills as well as a sound understanding of Solvency II Reporting. Other key responsibilities include the analysis of surplus capital and assisting the ALM and Investments team for cash growth.
Competitive basic and excellent bonus on offer.
- Must have willingness to learn and develop
- Must be able to apply an actuarial skill-set to unfamiliar tasks
- Organised with a delivery focus
- Self-starter with the ability and confidence to cover the necessary daily activities and the more significant issues at executive level as they arise
- Flexibility to adapt to the position as it grows and help to define the position following further acquisitions
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Should be able to work both on their own and as part of a team
- Knowledge of Group reporting is preferable