This position is operating on a hybrid schedule, reporting into the Stamford, CT office.
Seeking an AVP - VP Level Underwriter who can contribute to the growth of our underwriting operation. The position requires a technical underwriting foundation with an intermediate understanding of insurance & reinsurance concepts. We empower our underwriters to take initiative.
- Solicit, underwrite, & produce treaty reinsurance portfolios of business
- Create a network of relationships with reinsurance brokers & insurance company decision makers
- Perform data analytics, underwriting audits, & research & development on held and prospective books of business
- Work collaboratively with underwriting, actuarial, claims, & finance teams
- A minimum of 5 years of property and/or professional liability underwriting experience. Property reinsurance underwriting experience is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree
- Understanding of policy language, policy structure, exposure analysis, original pricing.
- Comprehension of basic actuarial science & reinsurance concepts
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Negotiation, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel