- As part of Program Management team, this role will mainly focus on supporting our Machine Learning Operations team to drive data, platform and other technology related initiatives to enhance the infrastructure for the Center of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (CDSAi).
- Manage internal stakeholder within CDSAi including: machine learning engineers, platform engineers, data scientists, governance & validation, as well as other program managers.
- Partner with various Tech teams to oversee implementations from the CDSAi side. Participate in Program Increment (PI) planning sessions with Tech teams. Coordinate and prioritize deliverables from Tech teams. Resolves problems and removes obstacles to timely and high-quality deployment.
- Create business use cases/project charter with value propositions, budget planning, and stakeholder management/communication planning etc.
- Organize a highly effective cross-functional working teams with key work streams using either Agile or waterfall or hybrid method as appropriate.
- Create project plans, develop and execute strategies for internal coordination, including brainstorming events, focus groups, status update meetings, steering committees.
- Identify project key issues and risks timely; proactively manages to resolution or escalate when appropriate.
- Track resource usage and budget/expenses as needed.
- Manage project governance, and effectively communicate project status to senior management on a regular basis.
- Create and present effective and visually appealing presentation materials.
- Travel to events and vendor meetings as needed (< 10%).
- Self-motivated, with strong leadership skills and executive presence
- Collaborative work style with ability to effectively interact with and earn trust of across the organization
- Ability to influence and lead cross-functional team in the realization of project goals and time-bound deliverables
- Analytical mindset, aptitude for working on a team with highly technical data scientists, data architects and/or IT experts.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and multi-task essential; must be very organized and have excellent follow-up and problem solving skills
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Outstanding judgment, critical thinking, time management, communication and writing skills
- Project Management certificate, Agile related certificate is preferred
- At least 3-5 years of experience in the Life, Health or P&C insurance industry, preferably in Data Science or Data related program management.
- 2+ years of experience managing and executing the product development cycle, ideally coordinating programs in large insurance or financial services organizations.
- BS/BA in business and/or quantitative discipline
- Experience in working with Technology teams in an Agile environment
- Experience effectively motivating and coordinating cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment to achieve well-defined timelines and goals
- Business-level understanding of analytics