Department: Private Equity and Real Estate Services - Fund Administration
Our client offers high quality outsourced administration and banking services to private equity firms and institutional investors. Our client enables private equity managers and institutional investors to focus on building wealth - while they take care of all their administrative needs.
Our client has the people, processes and technology to deliver a full suite of services. The Private Equity and Real Estate Services group has over 300 highly skilled professionals with decades of experience in private equity accounting and operations, and offices in New York, Dublin, Jersey (Channel Islands), Sydney, Guernsey (Channel Islands) Luxembourg and Bangalore. Our client has invested in a market-leading technology solution to be able to service clients in a secure, confidential environment with strong controls.
- Responsible for the management of a team (local and offshore) and external client relationships.
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual accounting and reporting functions for a portfolio of closed ended private equity and debt funds.
- Significant experience of internal controls, checklists and procedures and interaction with internal audit, implementing change and constantly creating efficiencies in operating model.
- Responsible for LP / investors' capital calls, distributions, investor financial reports and capital statements.
- Understand client relationships and expectations and ensure client deliverables are timely and accurate.
- Review annual financial statements and liaise with external auditors to manage the audit process.
- Maintain a schedule of investments and legal and accounting support for investments.
- Responsible for fund compliance with partnership agreements and other legal and regulatory requirements.
- Interact with many stakeholders - produce, sales, risk, legal, compliance etc.
- Review quarterly NAV and regulatory reporting where appropriate.
- Communication and interaction with clients on fund matters and investment structures.
- Ownership of timely resolution of client/investor queries.
- Assist/support clients with special projects and requests.
- Identify fund issues and escalate to Senior Management on a timely basis.
- Collaborate with on-boarding team in relation to new business.
- Experience in managing a team and previous closed ended fund experience preferred.
- Prior experience in Private Equity fund administration or alternatives funds industry preferred.
- FIS Investran, Advent Geneva and or Arcesium knowledge a distinct advantage.
- A qualified/part-qualified accountant or with proven experience in accounting with exposure to US/Lux/UK GAAP and IFRS preferred
- A keen understanding of technology and developing efficiencies.
- Must be a team player with the ability to network with co-workers but also have the ability to work independently and prioritise own workflows.
- Staff development, with an emphasis on career development opportunities.
- Provides feedback in a constructive manner and encourages open communication.
- Proactive attitude, ability to multi-task and work to tight reporting deadlines.
- Autonomous and rigorous.
- Strong presence and presentation skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.