Oracle Fusion Project Manager
A leading multinational financial institution with a dynamic and inclusive culture is looking for a Oracle Fusion Project Manager to manage their Group transformative programme that will re-engineer all of the Financial Planning, Billing and Settlement processes.
The programme will transform the financial management and operating model through the implementation of standardised global processes, enabled by an integrated cloud-based Oracle technology toolset (Fusion ERP and EPM). It will provide the financial infrastructure to support the organisational and regulatory requirements of the Service Companies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible to ensure any changes implemented are carried out in line with relevant processes and standards, including mandated Global Template deliverables with the appropriate sign offs, with full buy-in of affected parties
- Work with business customers, stakeholders, delivery teams (both within Fusion and outside e.g. BAU IT and Business Support teams) and other impacted parties to ensure that in-scope issues are investigated, understood, a route to resolution identified and prioritized
- Develop and maintain plans for resolution of each in-scope item - including identification of resources and management of them. In most cases, the plans for all items will need to run concurrently
- Provide regular updates to stakeholders on progress to plan, building confidence in delivery
- Raise risks, issues, dependencies and assumptions
- Engage Business leads and Service Delivery teams to provide clear direction on activities
- Support the review of documentation, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), training materials and communications if required
- Be responsible for ensuring outputs and deliverables are to the required quality to support a robust assurance review
- Manage delivery to agreed milestones
- Need to be conscious of wider programme change taking place across the business and understand the impact of processes and timescales for deployment
- Working in matrix environment which can be challenging when addressing ownership of tasks and issues
- Managing expectations of multiple stakeholders across the teams
- Data sharing restrictions which will limit what can/cannot be seen by other parties or taken offshore
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term 'compliance' embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
- Identification of users for participation in the end-to-end testing for Project Fusion during pilot phase implementation.
- Good track record of managing projects, in a complex environment, ideally in a large organisation spanning many countries and jurisdictions with multiple delivery partners
- Experience working with Oracle Fusion P2P modules (or other Financial/ERP systems) highly desirable
- Strong project management skills; MS Project
- Preferably a relevant project management qualification e.g. PRINCE2, PMP
- Experience conducting workshops
- Experience of building relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience of supporting the development of business-facing material
- Excellent influencing, negotiating and interpersonal skills to all levels
- Effective planning and project management skills
- Ability to analyse qualitative and quantitative data
- Creative approach to problem solving and outcome-focused approach
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with competing and rapidly changing priorities
- The ability to work with a diverse and geographically dispersed business teams
- A highly motivated and pro-active self-starter with a positive attitude
- Flexible worker who demonstrates adaptability
- Ability to communicate at all levels and across countries/regions/cultures is essential.
- Ability and willingness to get involved in the Analysis activities and documentation
- Strong English written and oral communication skills