Oracle Database Administrator - Permanent
My client is currently seeking a reliable and motivated Oracle Database Administrator to help them support application teams with their database needs. This is a hybrid role based in Dublin however will have flexibility for the right candiates, inculding contractors.
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as an Oracle Database Administrator
- Oracle 19c Multitenant
- Experienced using Oracle WebLogic
- Experience using Oracle Applications Suite - Oracle EBS.
- Technical degree in computer science, information technology or related field, or equivalent experience.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and maintaining system health and security.
- Providing end-to-end technical support and problem resolution.
- Creating & maintaining Oracle Dataguard environments.
- Working on SQL commands and queries.
- Perform installation and configuration of Database software, Patching and Database creation in development, staging and production environment
- Tuning and maintaining Oracle Databases according to set standards.
- Perform maintenance tasks on existing test and production environments that included modifying database sizes and migrating changes through various environments.
- Monitor database performance trends to identify anomalies or errors, Report analysis, detect and resolved table-space fragmentation and migrations
- Provided ongoing support of production database environment, space projection and reclamation, query performance tuning of existing applications.
- Implemented intelligent techniques in application logic to help database performance improvement and overall application performance improvement.
- Introducing Automation process where possible
- Next to the traditional DBA tasks we also ask you to do the following:
- Releases of Database Code to UAT and Live
- Look for opportunities to improve our service: optimization, automation, standardization, etc.
- Be prepared to move into a cross skilled mindset with regards to taking ownership of the end to end delivery and support of the complete DB eco system, which may require activities/gaining new skills such as Operating Systems work and applications support/knowledge
- Ability to coordinate between technical operations team (DBA) and applications developers/Sysadmins/users/information systems/processing specialists.
- Be prepared to take risks and own the outcomes for ideas and initiatives relating to DB environments.
- Oracle WebLogic installation and configuration.
- Oracle Applications Suite - Oracle EBS.
If Interested, upload your CV and a consultant will be in touch to run you through the logistics