About the Role:
A challenging role in a changing industry for enthusiastic, analytical candidates, providing collateral services to hedge funds in London, Europe and Asia.
Job Duties in Brief:
- Manage a team whose role is ensuring that middle office solutions deliverables are produced accurately and in accordance with risk management best practices, monitoring client collateral margin requirements and reviews of static data regarding ISDA CSA Master Documentation.
- Knowledge of MRAs/ GMRAs (Global Repo Margin agreements) is an advantage
- Oversee the successful roll out of Uncleared Margin Rules (UMR) service offering from the teams perspective.
- Business lead on the roll out of a number of technology related projects pertaining to the collateral process.
- Strong SWIFT experience with security transfer knowledge of MT527, 540 & 542 would be an advantage.
- Regularly review the existing processes and seek and implement operational efficiencies wherever possible.
- Experience with collateral vendor relationships is an advantage such as Acadia or Euroclear
- Establish, alongside AVP, direct report goals, prepare performance evaluations and succession plans.
- Work with and develop strong relationships with multiple departments across the firm, clients and counterparties to drive results and deliverables.
- Work with clients in a professional manner to resolve any open issues.
- Lead the roll out of new operational processes.
- Ensure strong succession plans in place within the team
- Be the point of contact for your location and function, collaborating with respective leaders across the business to achieve collective goals.
- Supporting the conversion/launches of any new clients.
- Participate and organize operational due diligence reviews and client visits
- Participate in client pitches and demos as needed
- Marketing experience an advantage & presentation skills essential
- Provide both internal and external system training where required.
- Ensure adherence to Global Best Practice Policy and provide ongoing leadership in all matters related to operational risk including incident resolution.
- Co-ordinate internal SOC/audit requirements.
Education, Qualifications and Special Training
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or other quantitative subjects desirable.
- Knowledge of Hedge and Mutual Funds.
- Strong customer service skills and comfortable communicating with clients and counterparties via e-mail and phone.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Committed team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail focused with the ability to multi-task.
- Adaptive, flexible professional style, capable of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Excel and Word, and aptitude to learn new skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize tasks and work in a deadline-oriented environment.
- 10+ Years in Financial Services with strong background in collateral management
- 7+ Years management experience
- Business lead on projects, particularly those related to regulatory changes such as UMR and collateral related technology projects.
- Business, Technical & Commercial Awareness
- Quality & Risk Control
- Problem Solving
- Client Service
- Team Work
- Drive for Results
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.