We are currently hiring for two Azure/Snowflake engineers to join a mid-sized insurance company (light travel to the office for a team event once a quarter). These are full-time opportunities on a permanent basis, starting salary depends upon relevant experience but the organization have a supporting package including bonus and benefits. Looking for a Sr (Tech Lead) and a Mid-Level engineer.
The team has an award-winning company culture. There's an emphasis on the human-side of engineering and how data positively impacts people's lives and the overall health of the business. This people first approach has led to a synergetic and collaborative environment. The position represents a great opportunity for someone who wants to join an organisation that has a family-feel culture and the individual will have meaningful input to the areas in which they are working, but impactful enough to have built a notable reputation in the market with strong opportunity for progression.
The successful individual will be a bridge between technical and non-technical teams. You'll have a passion for data and the purpose it serves. You'll enjoy collaborating and communicating with a team to tackle challenges and drive business initiatives.
If you love a product and vision that is very human, and you could talk about how data drives it forward all-day-long, this is the team for you!
Core responsibilities include
- ETL/DWH and reporting/analytics
- Enterprise data architecture
- Building out processes, mass ingestion, MDM, data governance
- Being a bridge of communication between technical and non-technical teams
- Passion for data and a deep understanding of its ability to drive business initiatives
Required experience (must meet all to be considered)
- 2-5 years experience working with Azure Cloud services
- Minimum 1 year experience working with Snowflake
- SQL, Unix
- Willing to travel to office once a quarter for team event
Desirable experience (not required but would be a benefit)
- Insurance/finance experience
- Ideally lives in MI, IL, MN, IA, IN, or TX