Title: Lead Technology Architect (Individual Contributor)
Location: Raleigh, NC (Hybrid/Remote)
Base Salary Range: $180,000 - $200,000 + Bonus & 401K
We are partnered with a leading Financial Services organisation, who are seeking an experienced Lead Architect to help create, define and execute on technology strategy for the group as they navigate their cloud-first journey.
You will work with technology leaders & the wider architecture team to establish roadmaps to evolve the business in an appropriate technology direction which will cover areas including, but not limited to: Enterprise/Solutions Architecture, Cloud native strategy, DevOps Engineering & strategy.
- Meet with business and technology leaders to understand and capture all business needs that can be addressed by IT, assisting in defining direction for IT projects
- Develop, implement and maintain digital enterprise architecture standards that drive business capabilities and optimization to create efficiency, quality, and agility.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in current overall architecture.
- Leverage cloud-first and cloud-agnostic designs, patterns and services to optimize applications for cloud.
- Work closely with infrastructure engineering, technology architects, and development teams to evolve and continuously improve the DevOps and automated testing platforms, software development processes, standards, and capabilities.
- Regularly review opportunities for optimization, consolidation, rationalization, and cost reduction within both on-premise and public cloud environments and implementations, with an eye on opportunistically moving more workload to the cloud.
- Expert level software development experience in Java with Agile best practices
- Experience with REST and APIs, Microservices, Spring Boot, GraphQL, streaming, and Service Oriented Architecture / integration patterns and concepts
- Experience with Azure and AWS cloud platforms, Google a plus
- Experience with DevOps tools and patterns, including code repositories, CI platforms, delivery and deployment platforms, repositories, test platforms, etc., including prior implementation of continuous (blue/green) deployment and canary tests
- Experience with Docker containers and Kubernetes environments (AKS, EKS)
- Demonstrated capability with scripting languages (Powershell, Bash, Python, etc.)
- Experience with infrastructure automation and configuration tooling (Terraform, ansible)
To be considered for the role please apply online or email an updated Resume to William Barclay at Oliver James - email@example.com