SENIOR ENTERPRISE ARCHITECT - REMOTE - START ASAP - CONTINENTAL SCOPE MISSION
For a continental size government project you will have the chance to tackle responsibilities of Enterprise Architecture in a huge international digital transformation program with the newest technologies (Linux, VMware, Ansible, TOGAF…) for multiple European airports.
This almost fully remotely, European travels will be done between 1-3days/month.
In short, this opportunity offers you the chance to evolve in a international billion budget program with the newest technologies version all this from home.
The Senior Lead Architect will integrate the THE CLIENT Infrastructure Architect Team for the "program" contract. This contract is led by a consortium.
He/she will be responsible to :
- Define Infrastructure architecture principles, decisions and architecture views
- Interlock with others Architects/Technical specialists to provide technical directions.
- Participate, on a punctual basis, on specific projects related to his/her specialty.
- Responsible for leading the technical Infrastructure design, and can justify and communicate his/her design decisions
The Senior Lead Architect must have good interpersonal skills and must be a team player.
He/she will be based in The client Zaventem Office and will represent The client concerning Infrastructure principles.
- Service Delivery Manager
- Program Management
In close relations with:
- Infrastructure Architect Team
- Service Delivery Manager
- Project Manager
- Develops infrastructure architecture in line with defined program strategy;
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical solutions and their framework;
- Deliver high-level and low-level design;
- Participates in the meetings to define new projects and provides the design of the infrastructure architecture, the detailed Bill of Material to be part of the project and estimates the services for the implementation and delivery of the infrastructure architecture;
- Maintains the infrastructure related documentation by ensuring that all the projects proposed architectural changes are reflected in the documents;
- Provides input for Incidents/Problems/Defects to the Operational team;
- Provides input to organize regular knowledge transfer sessions;
- Capable of making and guiding effective decisions, explaining clearly how the decision has been reached. The ability to understand and resolve technical disputes across varying levels of complexity and risk.
- Work shifts of 8 hours covering the time range between 08h30 and 18h30 from Monday to Friday with some flexibility required when overtime is exceptionally needed.
Employment and technical Requirements:
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in ICT domains as described below with at least 4 years of experience as infrastructure architect;
- Strong technical understanding of IT products for every layer in the stack. Knowledge of most commercial and open source alternatives for the following layers:
- Virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware);
- Operating systems (RHEL, Unix, MS Windows)
- Physical Infrastructure (e.g. racks, blades, network, …);
- Network technologies (Switches, Load balancer, …)
- Application frameworks and accelerators (custom vs. packaged);
- Application servers (e.g. Oracle WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, …);
- Middleware and queuing solutions
- Database & storage technologies and platforms (e.g. Oracle, NoSQL, …);
- Technical understanding of the characteristics of application styles and when to apply each:
- Business Intelligence and Analytics platforms;
- Batch-driven applications;
- Web applications;
- Rich client, thin server applications;
- Must be details oriented, analytical, and demonstrate ability to work in ambiguous environment;
- Must be self-directed with proven ability to make mature decisions supported by thorough data analysis;
- Knowledge of ITIL V3 processes.
- English proficient (CEFRL Level: Minimum B2, Ideally C1)
- Preferable 2nd language: French
- The client Zaventem premises.
- Able to travel 1week/month to customer office in Strasbourg & Varsovie
- Bachelor or University degree in IT or equivalent by valid professional IT certifications in the domain
- EU nationality mandatory.
- Availability for EU Secret PSC is required for the function.