We are currently looking for an IT Security Engineer to join a UK Leading organisation who are expanding out their IT Security offering within the business!
As an IT Security Engineer, you will actively design, implement and maintain technical security tooling's such as : antimalware, vulnerability management, SIEM, MDR, WAF and PAM solutions to align with industry best practices and business objectives / security improvement roadmaps.
This organisation are currently going through their transformation journey towards the cloud in an Azure environment. You will actively conduct security risk assessments to identify and mitigate potential security threats and vulnerabilities to ensure risks to the information assets are addressed. Complying with security and cyber essentials plus and ISO 27001 standards.
You will play a vital part in the businesses Security offering, taking ownership of cyber and security within the business and helping to support and mentor more junior members of the team, in security analysts!
Your Responsibilities include:
- Design, implement & maintain technical security toolings.
- Perform continuous security risk assessments, deriving the best value out of the security tools to identify security risks, malicious activity and system misconfigurations. Complying with industry standards.
- Provide advanced technical expertise to investigate suspicious security alerts and events - leading incident response actions.
- Managing the cyber security incident response plan, including investigating security breaches, identifying it's root cause and implementing corrective actions.
- Develop and maintain SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures) and playbooks for incident response activities.
- Collaborate with the wider IT teams to mitigate any potential security weaknesses within the organisations network and systems.
- Report actively on the organisations security posture and clearly communicate any potential security risks to senior management.
- Ensure that your security expertise is refreshed by remaining knowledgeable about new product launches, penetration testing, remediation and compliance audits.
- Experience in Security Engineering, Security Analytics or SOC.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills - with an aptitude to identifying, solving and mitigating security risks and threats.
- Experience IT in security technologies, such as:
- Intrusion Detection
- Prevention systems
- Anti-virus softwares
- Vulnerability management tools
- Security incident response functions
- Knowledge of security frameworks such as:
- NIST, ISO 270001, CE+ or CIS Controls
- Any other relevant industry certifications.
This is an exciting opportunity to take ownership of security within this organisation growing and building on your own experience previously within Security focused environments.
This role currently operates on a Hybrid working basis and you will need to be within a commutable distance of their office just south of Wakefield!
Please don't hesitate to reach out to email@example.com for more details!