IT Project Manager - Infrastructure / Security + Remote working - Manchester
We are currently looking to recruit an IT Infrastructure Project Manager who will be accountable for managing a team of resources within assigned projects through the entire project lifecycle. You will have overall responsibility for the delivery of projects to agreed time, cost and quality constraints. The projects assigned to the Project Manager will typically be, medium in size and complex including scope, cost and the number of stakeholders. You will support high profile business strategic projects. You will be a skilled multi-tasker as you will be managing several projects running at the same time.
This role offers you the opportunity to plan projects proactively, managing the project using the agreed plan, communicating progress and variance to plan, to key stakeholders. You will ensure project budgets are managed and tracked against ROI and that any deviations are escalated. You will get the chance to become involved in the delivery of technical training to both experienced and inexperienced groups of individuals and also effectively and professionally manage vendor relationships and participate in vendor selection in line with DWF vendor management policy and procedures.
The role involves;
- Managing large scale IT Infrastructure and security projects
- Delivering projects within the Microsoft suite of applications, including Azure.
- Networking projects including implementation of Firewall improvements, LAN/WAN optimisation, refresh programmes and network security implementation.
- Having a comprehensive knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of project management
- A good knowledge of PRINCE2, Agile or equivalent project delivery methodology.
You should have the following attributes:
- Highly developed communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to tailor style and content accordingly.
- A strong attention to detail, together with a logical and tenacious approach to problem solving.
- Exceptional organisational and planning skills.
- Passion about exceeding customer expectations and improving service levels.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
Salary up to £50,000 + 20% bonus + excellent company benefits.
To be considered, click APPLY to this advert or get in contact with Katrina Rajah at Oliver James at katrina.rajah @ oliverjames.com