IT Business Analyst
Overview of Role
The Client Management Applications team sits in the group IT Department and is managing an portfolio of applications, including
- Client Information Systems and Workflow Modules (.Net custom development, AngularJ)
- Client Documents Archiving System
- Interfaces to our Core Banking System "Avaloq" and number of surrounding systems
- Onboarding workflow tool for agreements generation
- Worldcheck data system
We continuity enhance and develop those applications for the different Business Units , internally or with external partners, through change requests and projects.
The candidate will act as a Product Owner for certain functional areas, especially in the area of Content Management for Advisory and the Investment Teams, whereby scalability and efficiency must be improved in targeting investment content for our Clients.
The Content Management system is a new system, the project for the implementation just started.
Projects are on the roadmap to increase the process digitalization, user experience and Front Office efficiency. As a member of a team with currently two IT Business Analysts and four .Net developers, it is important that the candidate shows flexibility, proactivity and responsibility.
- IT Business analysis - Bring a structured and methodical approach to analyzing and visualizing complex Business requirements for internal or external development, mapping these to possible extensions to the application framework and translating these into clear and precise requirements documentation
- Act as a Product Owner, taking full responsibility over applications lifecycle and working closely with the Business
- Application development - Support development of the applications and interfaces with our internal .Net developers and different IT providers
- Implementation of system enhancements using the .Net infrastructure and knowledge in other web development environments (Java, J2EE) would be beneficial
- Application Support - Support Business users to ensure they make best use of their systems
- Problem Management - Assist in continual improvement of systems through careful analysis of issues and their causes
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- 5 Years Business Analysis and / or IT development experience
- Ability to understand the business processes
- Ability to solve problems independently and efficiently
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Strong team player with an ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust and confidence amongst peers and colleagues
- Flexible individual willing to get involved where required and keen to face new challenges
- Strong Service Delivery mentality with real attention to quality and excellence in all areas
- Experience in the Financial Industry
- Good understanding of IT Infrastructure and its importance to the effective running of Business Applications