Ideal for a first time mover out of practice or someone with previous industry audit experience, this business has an outstanding, flexible culture and will provide strong progression opportunities.
- Assisting in planning audits to gain a thorough understanding of the area under review and determine the key risks and controls.
- Testing and critically evaluating controls and raising issues where controls are inadequate or ineffective.
- Recommending improvements which mitigate residual risk but are also commercial and practical.
- Preparing high quality working papers so that work performed is evidenced and issues are captured.
- Drafting audit issues that are clear, concise and factually correct for inclusion in the final audit report.
- Understanding and supporting the GIA strategy and the importance of own role in the delivery of GIA strategy and plan.
- Complying with all relevant GIA and company policies and procedures.
- Building and maintaining an effective working relationship with management, staff and stakeholders to understand their needs and expectations.
- Supporting implementation of best practice and new initiatives such as data analysis to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
- Proven experience in auditing financial and operational controls within the insurance or the financial services sector;
- A relevant qualification or part-qualification in Accountancy or Internal Audit;
- A dedicated team player, who takes initiative and actively solves problems;
- Knowledge of the insurance market;
- Knowledge of Internal Audit and Risk Management principles and how these activities form part of the three lines of defence governance framework;