Oliver James is currently engaged with a globally recognised General Insurance firm to appoint their In-House Company Secretary. This is a newly created position within the business due to continuous growth and will focus on in-housing the function and paving a strong corporate governance culture within the business.
As the In-House Company Secretary you will be providing proactive and effective Corporate Governance support to the Board of Directors and Board Sub-committees, with a particular focus on Board Committee and AGM Support, Corporate Governance, and managing key stakeholder relationships.
Resource Areas of Responsibility Below are some of the key areas of responsibilities that the proposed resource would cover:
- Prepare the business, Audit, and Risk committees meeting agendas and schedule meetings.
- Collate the business and Committee materials and circulating the same within agreed timelines.
- Coordinate and prepare Management and Executive committee agendas and minutes.
- Prepare and circulate all minutes and maintain oversight of all action points to conclusion.
- Draft board resolutions as required.
- Support the maintenance of statutory books and records and monitor compliance with all relevant statutory/regulatory requirements and filing deadlines.
- Arrange for document execution, notarisations, apostilling, and filing with relevant registers.
- Deal with queries/requests relating to corporate governance matters, know your customer, and other corporate governance information.
- Coordination on submission of annual returns to the Companies Registration Office and filings to the Central Bank of Ireland (e.g., Director's certificates/addendum/derogation requests).
- Responsibility for oversight of corporate governance obligations e.g., ensuring compliance with the Corporate Governance requirements for Insurance undertakings.
- Responsibility for the maintenance and update of Governance, the business Policies, Terms of reference & training records.
- Coordinate & support annual the business performance assessment and updating of board objectives.
- Act as the point of contact for Group Diligent platform - including updating Company share capital, directors' appointments, and resignations.
- Aid and support to HR in managing ongoing Individual Accountability Framework requirements responsibility maps & Fitness & Probity Registers.
- Aid in the review of CEO reports, strategic documents, SFCR, RSR, succession plans, etc.
If you would like to be considered for the role, click the apply button below. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss further before applying, reach out on +35315719706 | email@example.com