The Head of Assurance is a new role and will be a key element of the control and oversight function. It is a global role, responsible for maturing, designing, overseeing and growing a consistent and comprehensive assurance testing and oversight approach. This will include a framework for monitoring, testing, reporting, governance and escalation, and interacting with existing risks and controls frameworks.
**Time within a Consultancy / Advisory Firm is highly desirable for the role**
- Build and lead a team of assurance testing experts with a broad range of expertise.
- Manage and proactively enhance global assurance and testing frameworks. This will include maturing, developing and maintaining a combination of controls, training, risk assessment, policies, procedures and management information.
- Use a risk-based approach to assessing and testing internal risks facing the business, and also those that arise from our relationships with third parties, and our controls around them.
- Develop and manage a programme of assurance testing covering regulated entities globally.
- Prepare and deliver assurance methodologies and outputs to relevant audiences (peers, compliance leadership, executive committee, board of directors) highlighting key initiatives, regulatory trends and areas of concern.
- Act as an internal SME on assurance and testing.
- Share knowledge on internal trends and wider industry developments within the compliance department
- Build networks and partnerships internally with both product and client-facing teams to enable you to remain up-to-date on changes in the wider business (products, jurisdictions etc.).
- Act proactively to assess how these may integrate with the assurance and testing framework
Skills and Experience:
- The successful candidate will have a background in risk/controls/assurance in financial services. (Payments experience preferred).
- An ability to produce a high standard of assurance frameworks, drivers of risk, controls and industry good practice.
- Experience of building and developing assurance frameworks (in first, second or third line context or as an external consultant)
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
- Good understanding of control design assessment and effectiveness testing techniques and practice.
- Communication skills, both written and verbal to an excellent standard.
- Self sufficient, pragmatic & solution orientated approach to working.