This position requires someone with a strong experience in managing individuals within the insurance industry. You will assist the Controller in establishing and maintaining a robust internal control environment and will handle reporting for the Board of Directors, regulatory agencies, etc. You will also be responsible for implementing new accounting and reporting standards.
- Manage a team of accounting professionals and oversee financial reporting functions.
- Responsible for directing and reviewing the preparation of US statutory, US GAAP, and Bermuda statutory and GAAP financial statements.
- Work with the FP&A team in regards to any internal reporting needs
- Implement internal controls and improve current processes
- Point of contact with external auditors
- Manage and coordinate the preparation and filing of life insurance quarterly and annual statements to comply with all regulatory requirements regarding financial statement filings.
- Analyze ceded and assumed reinsurance activity to ensure accurate accounting.
- Work with senior management to present to the board of directors and rating agencies