Head of Engineering - Java / SpringBoot - FinTech
£100,000 - £130,000
Remote working with occasional visits to London office (paid for)
Challenger digital banking industry - Banking / FinTech experience a must
A unique opportunity has arisen within the market for a talented Head of Engineering (Java) to join my London based FinTech client on a permanent basis!
My client has been described a breath of fresh air within the fast growing FinTech / financial services discipline, giving their customers what they actually want by providing them with a variety of choice over their banking platforms. As a global organisation, they've designed their products and offers around those who have been left dissatisfied with their digital banking experiences.
As a result, we are looking for a talented Head of Engineering (Back End / Java) to join their growing software development squad. The ideal candidate will have recent FinTech / banking experience (working with/integrating core banking solutions). The new Head of Engineering will be leading an international team of various back end developers and will also deal with the extremely complex backend tasks within the product backlog.
The key skills are simple, I would love to hear from you if you have these skills/experiences:
- Strong Engineering Manager profile / Head of Back End Development
- Management of on shore and off shore development teams
- Microservices-based Architect in Java/Springboot in Docker/AWS building scalable and high-volume systems
- AgileDevOps for code deployment using CI/CD framework, Kafka,PostgreSQL/MySQL, API development (REST, SOAP, RPC etc); Swagger
- Must have deep knowledge in one or more areas such as Payments/Lending/Onboarding/AML/KYC/Onboarding
- Prior experience in a Digital bank/Fintech is a must
This is a really exciting opportunity to join a Fin-Tech business who are in a full scale up mode with accelerating stable growth which will allow you to have direct influence on the way the business moves forward, whilst having a secure backing in place.
This role is predominantly remote with occasional paid for trips to their London office. Salary circa £100-130k per annum.
For further information, or to be under immediate consideration, please contact Katrina Rajah at Oliver James on katrina.rajah @ oliverjames.com