Oliver James Asia is exclusively working with an Insurance firm in Asia to find their first Head of Artificial Intelligence. This is an important role for an organization who seeking to set themselves apart from their competitors by implementing the best in class Data Solutions to their customers.
The position can be based in Hong Kong, Singapore or China.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- You will lead Company's AI and value engineering organization comprised of experts in value engineering, machine learning, data science, product management, platform engineering and software engineering. The focus of AI delivery organization is to accelerate the impact of ML across the Company's businesses to improve the experience of our customers and make our operations more efficient and improve bottom line growth for the company.
- You will be an effective evangelist of machine learning across the group; helping executives and stakeholders understand the capabilities and potential value of ML as well as its limitations. Leveraging a team of dedicated product managers, you will oversee the manifestation of Machine Learning roadmaps for the various focus areas across the Company's businesses. To do this you'll work closely with executives and relevant business units, providing ideas and insights to identify opportunities where ML solutions can drive meaningful business results. Part of this will include insights into build vs buy decision making.
- To execute on your roadmaps, you will oversee multiple teams of highly talented data scientists, data engineers, machine learning engineers and product managers, aimed at delivering projects reliably against projected roadmap timelines. These roadmaps, along with their success metrics, will be set and communicated to stakeholders quarterly by you and your product team.
- You will be responsible for determining your talent needs and maintaining your own talent pipeline. With the help of ongoing coaching and performance feedback you will be responsible for developing and retaining employees under your purview.
- You will play a key role in determining which technologies, services, toolkits, data structures and methodologies should be employed to optimally achieve AI objectives.
- Success in this role means being able to effectively move the needle of the company's business "metrics through consistent execution of machine learning initiatives.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's, Master's in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, MBA or related fields
- 15+ years of leadership experience with focus on engineering and delivery and 7+ years comprehensive advanced analytics, research, modeling/data science or relevant experience
- Leadership experiences in leading artificial intelligence and machine learning teams on a variety of business impacting areas that enabled innovation and business outcomes.
- A strong record in delivering machine learning and/or data products including defining ML problems, identifying data strategy, building ML MVP and scaling/production of a prototype to full-scale production.
- Experience in leading and developing remote and distributed teams.
- Experience leading and executing cross functional projects. Familiarity and proficiency with agile methods and tools to support project management in a timeline sensitive environment.