With an inclusive, flexible culture and excellent progression opportunities, this is a fast paced environment with a top quality finance team.
This is an exciting time to join the team and be part of shaping the future to ensure the finance team is set up to help deliver the next phase of growth in the business.
You will focus on servicing the Group level financial reporting. You'll form close working relationships with the wider Finance team, as well as the Finance Directors and Controllers across the various business units.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Preparing the monthly Group Financial reporting analysis for submission to the executive management
- Support the production of half and full year external financial reporting results including the Report and Accounts and the supporting Analyst Presentation
- Reviews over controls environment and assisting implementing changes as required
- Co-ordinating month end close
- Provide ad hoc assistance to the business to understand and explain results
- You'll support longer term finance projects such as IFRS17
- Testing and implementing IFRS 17 solutions for Group Reporting
- Qualified Accountant (ideally ACA)
- IFRS and (re)insurance industry experience is essential, preferably Lloyds/London Market
- Experience with a Big 4 accounting firm, insurance specialist accountancy firm or multinational company
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Ability to use own initiative and to work well alone and as part of a team
- Prepared to work longer hours during financial reporting season
- Working knowledge of the standard Microsoft environment
- Strong use of excel