Our client is seeking a highly technical Financial Controls SME to help establish a brand new Financial Controls function that will exist between Internal Audit & Financial Reporting Groups globally.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience within the Insurance industry, in addition to an SME level of knowledge pertaining to Financial Controls, including BOTH Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) AND Model Audit Rule (MAR).
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
* Provide guidance to various business areas such as Finance, Actuarial, IT, and operations on the design, implementation, execution, and documentation of internal controls, ensuring compliance with regulatory standards including PCAOB, U.S. MAR, BMA.
* Manage and contribute to the harmonization efforts across functions in Bermuda and between Bermuda and the U.S.
* Collaborate with different business units to ensure that data and reports within the internal control framework are thoroughly assessed for completeness and accuracy.
* Assist in communicating the control framework and documentation to both internal and external auditors, with a specific focus on the end-to-end framework.
* Contribute to the preparation of the scope and risk assessment for the annual SOX program and certification.
* Aid in preparing quarterly and annual deficiency assessments to support management's Section 302 and 404 SOX certifications.
* Assist in designing and overseeing the internal control framework related to BMA regulatory reporting and new entities.
* Coordinate quarterly reviews and annual audit procedures by responding to audit findings, scoping, and fulfilling requests.
Key Requirements for the Position:
* Hold a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, complemented by a U.S. Certified Public Accounting (CPA) qualification or an equivalent to the U.S. CPA, along with a minimum of 10+ years of progressively responsible experience.
* Demonstrate a successful track record in implementing and evaluating internal controls and processes, especially for large and complex third-party reinsurance transactions.
* Possess industry experience in a public company within the internal controls/internal audit domain.
* Exhibit expertise in US GAAP, US Statutory, Bermuda Statutory, and Bermuda EBS.
* Have strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
* Demonstrate expertise in designing, implementing, and maintaining effective Sarbanes Oxley controls for life and annuity and reinsurance.
* Showcase extensive knowledge of generally accepted standard accounting principles, SEC rules, established procedures, and applicable regulatory requirements.
* Have experience in leading teams to achieve common objectives/goals.
* Exhibit the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues.
* Be a perceptive, self-starting individual with excellent problem-solving abilities.
* Possess the capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize deadlines effectively.
* Be able to work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
* Demonstrate a willingness to work overtime when required to meet deadlines.
* Be a dedicated team player with flexibility and adaptability to change.
* Display organizational skills and a keen attention to detail.
SALARY EXPECTATION: $215 - $260k base salary, plus negotiable STIP/LTIP component