General duties include supporting system end-users in Finance and Actuarial functions, end-user training, communications, solution documentation and defect root-cause analysis. The role supports Finance and Actuarial teams by resolving service queries or acting as an escalation point where necessary, liaising with third party suppliers to resolve issues, and executing operational activities to support business processing.
Specific tasks require such skills as Finance and Actuarial requirements gathering, prioritisation, initiative taking, multi-tasking, problem analysis, and Finance solution design. You assist with change requests and application patch and upgrade releases for a range of Finance applications, in co-ordination with internal and/or external teams as appropriate.
This is an interim role with a high potential to transition to a full time permanent role.
Perform a combination of the following list of non-exhaustive duties in line with business processes and procedures:
- Provide application support on a day-to-day basis, managing user expectations aligned to agreed service levels using the appropriate service management tools
- Mobilise, co-ordinate and monitor 3rd party support to ensure the operational requirements of the finance systems are met
- Own and execute operational tasks related to the support of finance processes
- Ticket management - Working with internal and external teams to ensure tickets are actioned with urgency and accuracy.
- Provide primary support to the Finance teams on finance systems queries/issues with extended support to the Actuarial and Data & Analytics Teams.
- Projects - Embedding Finance change deliverables into the Finance & Actuarial operations
- Release Management - gather requirements, plan, coordinate and implement changes to Finance and Actuarial Systems
- Assist with the transition of new application software into production, working closely with Finance & Actuarial and project teams as required
- Support Finance & Actuarial end user functionality queries, and train and guide users on application usage best practices
- Transfer application knowledge to improve IT support
- Guide and assist other members of the team, ensuring that application knowledge is shared in such a way as to avoid dependence on named individuals
- Ensure that Finance & Actuarial end user support documentation is developed and maintained
- Produce knowledge base articles to ensure that intellectual capital is captured in a reusable and persistent form
- Finance & Actuarial customer focused and able to work to agreed standards and service level agreements
- Experience of working within a Finance or Actuarial systems support environment with a proven service ethic
- Good knowledge of Finance and Actuarial processes such as ledger close, actuarial estimates, journal handling, intercompany processing, statutory and regulatory reporting
- Capable of prioritising and managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to analyse and solve problems quickly and effectively, either independently or by obtaining consensus and/or approval where required
- Good self-management skills and able to balance competing priorities in time sensitive situations
- Analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret Finance & Actuarial users' issues and translate them into practical solutions
- A flexible approach to working hours to meet the requirements of the business
- Able to foster relationships within the team, other business departments, and 3rd party vendors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of the software development lifecycle and familiarity with project management methodologies including Agile
- Excellent interpersonal, consultative and communication skills. Ability to interact effectively at all levels with clients, consultants, vendors, peers, and IT management and staff
- Advanced computer skills including SQL, Access, JIRA, Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Teams, and other business productivity systems
- Experience with service management tools and software
- Familiarity with typical Finance & Actuarial System architectures
- Exposure to a variety of Finance & Actuarial application systems such as Financial Ledgers, ERP, transaction/data processing, data warehouses/marts, change workflows, actuarial estimate systems.
Education & Experience
- 5 years of Finance or Actuarial support experience is desirable.
- A professional qualification in Finance or Actuarial, e.g. ACA, CAA, CFA is desirable.
- Experience with any or all of ServiceNow, Microsoft SQL, Access, JIRA, Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Teams.
- An understanding of general insurance business model.
- Experience with subscription-based specialist insurance, i.e. Lloyd's market, ILU or LIRMA.
- Knowledge of any applications specifically related to the insurance business, e.g. underwriting or claims platforms.